Thursday 31 December 2015

2015 Makeup Favourites


The first question which needs to be addressed is how did 2015 fly by so fast? I mean, I still remember writing the last post of 2014 which seems like just a few months ago. Just crazy! Anyway the main reason for this post was to summarise the best beauty bits of this year in one post since we haven't been blogging much this year. So heres a quick run down on the makeup bits which have stood out to us and have been ones we've been reaching for most. If you guys would like a more detailed review on any of the products mentioned, just leave a comment below and we would be more than happy to do so!

Garner BB cream skin perfector eye roll-on  - This is perfect for those days when I skip the foundation and want to opt for something light. Evens out the skin tone and reduces darkness under the eyes without looking ashy.

Maybelline triple bronzing powder  - I use the shade brunette which seems to give the perfect hint of bronze to my skin which looks effortless and not obvious on the skin.

Clarins rouge éclat lipstick in wood rose - This lipstick has been my go-to this year. A beautiful muted pink with a slight brown undertone which looks so natural on the lips. Totally in love with it!

Barry M contouring kit  - I have to say I don't think I've mastered contouring yet but I've definitely been experimenting with it this year. The one product which has been great for contouring and is budget friendly, is the kit from Barry M, which includes a bronze shade, a bright highlighting powder and a cool toned contour shade for such a great price. (Read more about it here)

Max factor creme puff blush - These blushes have been one of the best drugstore blushes I've come across. They have really good pigmentation with a subtle sheen to them. The stage gorgeous berries has been my absolute favourite!

Makeup revolution baked bronzer in golden days - Even though this is a bronzer, I find it works to be the perfect golden highlighter as I find it to be far too light to be a bronzer. This is perfect for that everyday glow to the skin without any heavy glitter or shimmer to the face.

Maybelline brow satin - Brows are a key step in my makeup routine as I truly believe that eyebrows do indeed frame the face. This product has been all I've been using on my brows and can't seem to move on to anything else, its that good! (Read more about it here)

Real techniques complexion sponge - Using a sponge for applying makeup has completely changed my makeup routine and opinion on sponges as I was completely against them at first. They really do help achieve a flawless finish to the face without looking cakey or noticeable on the face (although my one is looking pretty gross at the moment. I think its time for a good clean....) (Read more about it here)

Loreal false lash flutter mascara - This has been a new discovery this year and I have to admit, it may just have taken the top spot in my all time favourite mascaras! It really lengthens yet separates my lashes so it still looks natural at the same time.


So hope you guys enjoyed reading this very brief round up pf beauty favourites this year. Let us know some your favourites in the comments.

Happy new year! :)

Where else to find us: click on the links below


2 comments:

  1. I love Max Factor Blushes ' Wild Berry' is one I have and its such a gorgeous shade! Need to try the BarryM kit but its always sold out :( Happy New Year!
    PARIE X
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the shade "wild berry'! thanks for reading :)
      Happy new year to you too x

      Delete